Put that biz-brain hurricane to rest and love on your stories this season
with a light, guided experience for over-worked photographers where “documenting” serves a deeper purpose without the judgement lens.
YOU’VE SAID NO TO THE FUN THINGS TO DO MORE OF
THE “RIGHT” THINGS FOR YOUR BUSINESS?
“I’ll document my story / edit those photos / make my album LATER,
because I’ve got too many must-do’s today.”
Here’s the thing: I see you over there working your tail off to grow your photography skill,
your business and to give your clients a mind-blowing, exceptional experience.
You find every bit of being a Photographer an honor and you’re
It also means that your life + your family sometimes get put on the back-burner —
more than you’d like to admit.
Let’s see if I’ve got this right…
- revisited your website for the 14th time?
- racked your brain on SEO + social media + blogging?
- bought all the latest + greatest classes to up your photo skills?
- spent hours editing other people’s stories? Maybe even your own, but they essentially die on your hard drive?
- over-delivered for clients?
(and been there for THEIR most-important memories)
People talk about baby brain.
I’M TALKIN’ BIZ BRAIN HERE. It’s a real thing.
Are you becoming resentful of your talent + LOVE for photography, because of it?
Even if you’re not there yet, here’s what’s happening…
…little by little,
…day by day:
YOUR LIFE STORY IS BECOMING
By the time you’re done, doing for everyone else, getting intentional
with YOUR stories is the last thing on your mind.
Your clients + potential clients are getting all the benefit of your passion + skill
— meanwhile, your stories go untold.
Or they’re photographed at random, in a rush, or as an afterthought with some of
THE BEST slipping through the cracks — but you don’t notice, because you’re in
total growth + biz-brain mode?
Much less DOING anything with those pictures you’re making?
If you don’t make a change, in 5 years, the state of your own recorded
memories will be patchwork at best, am I right?
THAT CAN CHANGE.
a light, guided experience for over-worked photographers where
“documenting” serves a deeper purpose without the judgement lens.
Focus on YOUR story + the WHOLE picture of documenting this season.
We’ll spend 4 delightful weeks on simple, memory-managing activities to BETTER
tend to the stories of our lives with intention + purpose.
Goodbye haunting, biz-brain hurricane, hello, again, new photographer spark.
The fun part: you can play with other ways to document — beyond the camera — along the way!
To be clear, I’m talking about YOUR pictures here,
not the stories you’re preserving for clients.
Did this catch you off guard?
Talking about YOUR life stories? The pictures you make for YOU?
We’re gonna do more of that, so stick with me.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN TPP:
- The Intention Reset video series: a DIY, pre-project experience with prompts for introspection + goal setting
- Four, guided Focus Weeks on memory management using The Preservation Project’s Core Foundations: Observation, Preservation, Expression, Connection
- A stylish PDF menu of fresh, SIMPLE actions for each Focus Week + inspiration via email each week to kick off the week
- A weekly Mid-Week story / pep talk message delivered via email
- Fam-Style Facebook Community: we’ll have a small village of others (with a range of photography experience) who get inspired through LIFE conversations (that feel like those feel-good convos over dinner + drinks with your besties) complete with conversation starters to get the party started!
HERE’S WHAT WE’LL DO:
TPP™ will be organized into Four, guided focus weeks
(Observation, Preservation, Expression, & Connection) to help us
- be more mindful of the moments you love, but don’t SEE + FEEL when in the moment, because #bizbrainhurricane. You’ll start expecting them, watching for them, and noticing them on the daily.
- check off a few past + living memories off of your to-remember list (#getitdocumented).
- save your photos + writings from getting lost in Digi-Neverland.
- allow your preservation pieces to be a vehicle of connection with those you love the most
(you know who they are).
A DEEPER LOOK:
As soon as you’ll join, start here:
THE INTENTION RESET VIDEO SERIES
Before we officially begin, let’s get your story straight.
Why are you here?
These bite-sized videos explain each of TPP’s Core Foundations in-depth so that you can see what’s possible and write your intended success story before we officially start.
This way, when we’re at the top of each Focus Week, you’ll know exactly what to do to make YOUR Preservation Project a success (because it’s not one-size-fits-all).
Once you’re set with your intentions, you’ll come into the group + tell us about it. As we move forward each week, you’ll visit our group to check-in on what you’re working on, your progress, any setbacks, and DEFINITELY to share some stories with us just for fun!
Then, the LIVE portion:
OUR FOUR, FOCUS WEEKS
We’ll pay more attention to one area of our lives to refresh + enhance our mindfulness to see more worth documenting (whether with your camera, video, or in words).
We’ll act on what we want to remember — document one thing, however it feels right to you.
You’ll decide what role you want your preservation piece to play in your life + take one small step forward, so that it’s not lost in Digi-Neverland.
Share something you’ve documented with your loved ones. There’s nothing more fun than sitting down and looking through memories or even asking THEM questions!
You get to shape your Preservation Project™ how you want — your lens, your pen, your way — by choosing one small action to focus on each week.
You’ll choose something so small, you could roll your eyes at it, it’s so simple, because THAT, my friend, is how you sustain your Preservation Project long term.
While we ARE on a weekly focus schedule, you get to show up for your Preservation Project™ on your own time! (Meaning, no calls to attend)YOU HAD ME AT “LOVE ON YOUR STORY.” I’M SO IN!
SO, ON THE OTHER SIDE OF
THE PRESERVATION PROJECT, YOU’LL HAVE:
- FREEDOM from that “grow, grow, grow” noise, biz-brain hurricane, and Shoot + Share Factory (using a tool that you already love)
- A renewed sense of PEACE from all the whiplash change, loss, and even gains we experience in life
- TRUST in yourself that you’ll remember what matters - few moments are a one-hit-wonder (you don’t have operate in fear, trying to remember it all)
- Stronger CONNECTION to the stories, people, and experiences of today or have already ended
- A sustainable way to find your CENTER whenever life gives you lemons (like therapy, but free!)
- A repeatable process to intentionally document your life BETTER, with ease
YOU *MAY* EVEN:
- Tap into a “remember when” that comes with a side of pride + accomplishment as you reflect on your journey or
- Reach hashtag #preserved an under-your-nose, but unnoticed HIGH-VALUE story from your life or
- Start a Legacy Box to update for yourself or for your kids when they leave the nest or
- Save a collection of your Grandma’s best recipes + your Grandpa’s childhood stories or
- Dive into treasures deep inside your family history or
- Those trip photos in 27 different folders? #SORTED (keeping the pictures that actually matter, not just digi-clutter)
- or, my fave, richen a relationship with a thank-you-for-the-memory conversation.
THIS is the long-term Preservation Project you’re working towards
that our 4-week experience will re-ignite.
(or maybe spark for the first time)
In managing your energy around your photography, this energy will pour back into your business, too, in the form of how you connect with potential dreamies. The stories that come up in here are perfect for your next batch of blogs, social, and email shares!
SO. DECISION TIME…
Will you wanna remember your season as a series of shoots, behind the laptop, and 27,432 photographs of
other people’s stories?
Or, will you wanna remember…
… the sound of the food sizzling on the BBQ with your friends
…the silly voice you make for that one line in book you’ve read
(and re-read 1000 times) with your kids at night?
…or the gifs you sent to cheer up your client who became a really good friend?
YOU CAN HAVE BOTH.
IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE ONE OR THE OTHER.
Elizabeth said:“Last week, I took the time to update baby books + write letters to each child in my handwriting. Now, I will need to teach them my handwriting (ha!), but it felt GOOD.REGISTER HERE
I realized handwriting my thoughts + memories was one thing I haven’t been doing, because people have criticized my handwriting. But, it doesn’t matter. I am me. Imperfect me. My kids don’t need perfect. They just need me.”
I’m one of those AMBITIOUS entrepreneurs who can’t seem to remember the old adage: “You can do anything, but not everything.”
NOPE. I WANT IT ALL. RIGHT NOW.
This means: I create my own biz-brain hurricanes more than I’d like.
Who am I kidding? More like LIFE-hurricanes. House manager, mom, wife, friend, self-care, the roles go on and they’re ALL always on the brain.
The difference is I know how to nip that storm in the bud or, at least, find the calm a hell of a lot quicker than before. Today, I lean on one of my favorite forms of (free) therapy: The Preservation Project.
All the things we work for tends to come with a lot of “I wants” and a lack mindset. This overflows into other blocks like self-doubt (“Will I EVER get there?!”) and total frustration set in.
By keeping my Preservation Project on my radar, I feel peace of mind. I feel connected to what matters - nostalgic even. I feel pride in ME and my journey. I feel accomplished. I feel acceptance.
ULTIMATELY, THIS IS THE FIRST STEP TO FREEDOM.
What’s even better is that all my people benefit: my husband, my kids, my parents + fam, and my friends.
THE PRESERVATION PROJECT for?
TPP IS FOR YOU IF:
- you’re an ambitious business owner with a busy life who can’t seem shut your brain off
- let your life story + memories simmer on the back-burner (while giving your best to everyone else)
- you do actively document your life, but let the memories fade in Digi-Neverland or in a dusty, old box
- you want to soak up + feel connected ALL parts of your life - past, present, and future (FORGETTING is a real fear)
- you feel life’s fleeting nature is going WAY too fast (and ready for a slow down)
- you’ve experienced loss or great change and crave re-connection or healing
- you’d feel RELIEF knowing all you + your family stories are #managed with intention
(a process to move forward with)
- sharing old memories + “remember whens” feels totally fun + energizing!
- a SAFE SPACE for sharing (a sisterhood!) sounds dreamy
- you have a partner, no partner, kids at home, empty nest, no kids, does not matter!
- you’re ready to do the light + fun work to step towards PEACE OF MIND from biz (and life) hurricane brain
Jean said:“Once I committed to making a start on this phase, it was really hard to stop! Lately, I’ve been waking up at 5am before everyone’s awake. I make a coffee and start organizing / editing. It’s been great starting my day knowing I’ve made progress in this area.”
Who is THE PRESERVATION PROJECT not for?
TPP IS NOT FOR YOU IF:
- you’re looking for a photography class or how-to’s on things like creating a photo album
- you’re a wallflower at parties: you won’t jump into our group convos or share your stories + memories with us
- don’t believe you have a story worth documenting (hint: we ALL have a beautiful story)
- you think you know-it-all on documenting and ONLY want to use this time to organize / print / share the tens of thousands of pictures you’ve already made (while parts of this is good for that, beware of setting an unrealistic expectation for your time)
- don’t do well being left up to decide their next steps or hung up on doing things “right” (because there’s NO one right way here, but the framework is guidance)
LET’S DO THIS RIGHT:
Before I show you the checkout page and welcome you to TPP, let’s make sure we’re shooting for the same vibe.
The PRESERVATION PROJECT™
I CONFIRM AND AGREE THAT:
- I know this is not a class, workshop, or course. This is an EXPERIENCE with a guided framework and to get the most out of the experience, it’s up to me to participate and actively connect.
- Marie is leading the conversation and focus weeks / ideas, but this is not a ticket for unlimited feedback 24/7 through the group, her inbox, or her brain.
- I understand that The Preservation Project™ experience is non-refundable.
- The four Focus Weeks will be full of ideas, but it’s up to ME to pick an idea to implement and I will NOT expect to move mountains in 4 weeks.
- I feel GOOD about this investment to enhance my mindfulness while simultaneously growing my legacy box through pictures, writing, or however else I choose to preserve our memories.
- I know what I want see / feel out of this experience and am EXCITED to get started!