A surgery prep call with the hospital prompted me to explore the question: How do you cope with stress?
My response was: I look at what’s happening and take one step forward.
But, what does that look like?
THAT’S what I explore in this ep.
The woman on the phone meant stress in terms of health + finances. It gave me the idea to share how I protect my BUSINESS when LIFE happens, so that you can keep some of these wisdom nuggets in your back pocket.
The highlight reel:
- I share what I’ve been up to lately / the life + biz currently on my plate (skip to about 11 mins in if you just wanna get to the goods)
- 5 synchronicities in my thought-process to deal with stress turned into reflection Q’s for you
- Start here: What’s going on right now: what’s your stress story? Write it out.
- Is this a fact or a feeling? (thanks Kyla Roma)
- How can I simplify this / make it fun? (thanks NEB)
- How do I feel and what does that mean? (thanks Susan Ferraro)
- Beyond THE THING (the problem), what do I need right now?
- What’s the perception? Sub-Question 1: Why is this bothering me? Sub-Question 2: What could this perception mean about them? Sub-Question 3: What could I do differently next time?
- Chat about episodes in the IDP Facebook Group: Intentional Documentary™ Podcast
- (For Photographers) Peek at the Awesome Things Happening in Documentary Family Photography this month
- (For Story-Keepers) Create your To-Shoot List here (more like, to-remember list!)
- Kyla Roma
- Nikki Elledge Brown and her podcast
- Susan Ferraro and the first podcast ep I mentioned and the other ep I mentioned on heated online convos.
MY SUBTLE ASK:
- REALLY digging this podcast? Leave me / IDP a quick review! This will help me get us AMAZING guests for your listening pleasure. #helpmehelpyou