This episode took a lot out of me. I wanted it p-e-r-f-e-c-t for you. I wanted everything I feel in my heart inside this 30(ish) minute recording and for it to be music to your ears.
You know what kind of pressure that’s like?
At least 12 false starts to this recording, that’s what! ha
Honest though, this one is my most heartFULL works. Hope you like it 🙂
The highlight reel of Why Intentional Documentary™ is a Movement Worth Paying Attention To:
- What is Intentional Documentary™? hint: it’s not exactly Documentary Family Photography as we know it, far from Lifestyle too
- The Real is the New Perfect Photo Challenge© (pop quiz! don’t worry, it’s easy)
- Stories of memories vs. the pictures we have of those memories
- Acknowledging values first (for clients’ too) BEFORE picking up the camera (+ what happens when you do that)
- Being the order-taker vs. the chef
- The greatest way to actionably honor the ones we love
- Presence vs. mindfulness
- One of my deepest regrets in loss and how Intentional Documentary™ heals
- Download this ep’s Mini Mag right here
- Connect with me in my non-groupy FB community: Intentional Documentary™ Podcast
- (For Photographers) Peek at the Awesome Things Happening in Documentary Family Photography this month
- (For Story-Keepers) Create your To-Shoot List here (more like, to-remember list!)
- Pop Quiz Your Dreamies: Real is the New Perfect Article | PDF
- For You: The Preservation Project
- For Your Clients: Intentional Documentary™ Workflow Class + Questionnaires
- Great Read (Book): Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes
- Photographer: Ashley Manley
- Inspiration: Engagement DITL + couple’s Iconic Photo
- Article: The Most Heartbreaking ‘My Girl’ Moments That Still Make You Cry (see #5)
MY SUBTLE ASK:
- Use #fearlessandframed on IG to share your “simple pictures with big backstories” with a STORY behind the picture
- REALLY digging this podcast?: Leave me / IDP a quick review! This will help me get us AMAZING guests for your listening pleasure. #helpmehelpyou
What the hell is a Mini Mag?
With some episodes, we’ll publish a keepsake mini-magazine that includes the photos we gush over, a transcript of the entire episode (highlighting the biggest takeaways), bookmark all the links you might need later, and sometimes more about our guests, more pictures, and secret content not in the actual episode.
Totally free. Enjoy xo.
Wanna bookmark this ep? Pin this: